Meet Your Lindstrom Orthodontist
Dr. Matthew Sievers graduated from the University of Wisconsin at Stevens Point, earning his Bachelors of Science degree in Biology with minors in Chemistry and Psychology.
Following undergraduate work, he went on to dental school at the University of Minnesota.
During dental school, Dr. Sievers visited the orthodontic department as a patient and was amazed at what orthodontists were able to do to help patients smile with confidence.
Combining this with his passion for working with a team and his love of a new challenge, he knew that orthodontics was the path for him.
When Dr. Allison Van Vooren was a child, she dreamed of being a dentist, just like her grandpa. As she went through orthodontic treatment as a teenager, her dream changed slightly. She decided to become an orthodontist to help change smiles, just like hers was changed.
Dr. Van Vooren graduated from Marquette University, earning first her Bachelors of Science degree in Biological Sciences with a minor in Mathematics and followed by her Doctorate of Dental Surgery.
It was during college at Marquette that she met her husband, Andrew, through mutual friends. Dr. Van Vooren’s loving husband followed her to Lincoln, NE where she completed her orthodontic residency and a Masters of Science degree in Oral Biology. Following her residency, Dr. Van Vooren became a board-certified orthodontist.
Why an Orthodontist in Lindstrom?
Orthodontist vs. Dentist
An orthodontist is a dentist, but a dentist is not an Orthodontist. All orthodontists are dentists first, but though not every dentist has the qualifications to be an orthodontist. Our doctors continued their formal education for 2 or 3 additional years before receiving the necessary license and certification. As orthodontists, our doctors have spent years studying nothing but how and why to move teeth. This includes what to do, how to plan, and how to execute the appropriate treatment plan.
Why does it matter if you see your Lindstrom Orthodontist?
Specialists receive additional training to give them the skills needed to deal with more complex orthodontic problems. Dentists receive basic orthodontic training which allows them to perform root canals, extract wisdom teeth, and treat young children who do not need to see an orthodontist yet.
Seeing a specialist like your Lindstrom orthodontist may change your experience in braces by:
- Providing additional treatment options.
- Giving you more efficient treatment and visits, because it is the office's primary area of care.
- Knowing that you'll receive the best possible outcome on your treatment plan, especially if you have severe bite problems that need to be addressed.
- Personal experience treating multiple cases that share your unique concerns
- Being seen more quickly, as a family dentist will be focused on longer patient cases or emergencies throughout the day.
- You may think it's easier to have your orthodontic work completed by your dentist. Convenience shouldn't be a concern, because you will only be stopping by your Lindstrom orthodontist's offices every six to eight weeks.
And don't let price be a problem either! Embrace Orthodontics is proud to provide affordable treatment in the Lindstrom area.